Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reflection- Nicaragua

We are departing to the beach today at 9.  I am so excited to go to the beach!  This is our last day in Nicaragua and it is bittersweet.  I am so excited to see what Costa Rica has planned for us, but sad to leave the people.  Also, a little nervous about what conditions will be like there.  I am wondering if they will be nicer than the ones that we have had this past week or if they will be worse.  I guess we will find out tomorrow.  This experience has made a huge impact on my life.  I am have learned so much from the people.  When people have absolutely nothing the one thing that they do have is family.  And at the end of the day, that is truly what is important.  I also believe that we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and fail to stop and think about what matters and really like all of the materialistic things surrounding us.  Don´t get me wrong, I still like my nice jeans and everything but I have so much more than that.  I am grateful for a wonderful family and being supported by everyone that I love.  Speaking of which, Happy Birthday Mom.  I hope that you have a great day today!
After the beach, we are headed to the disko (dance club/karokee) around 10.  We will be there from 10-12 but I will believe that when we get home by 12.  There is a saying here called NICA Time, and that usually means anything runs about 30 minutes to an hour later than schedule.  We are suppose to leave tomorrow by bus at 430 in the morning and we are intending to get to our destination at around 3ish the next afternoon. 
I am hoping to be able to post after the beach to let you guys know how well surfing goes!  We will be safe and have a lot of fun! 
Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment